Friday, September 08, 2006

Got Wood?

Woke up that morning with a bad neck and a helluva hangover but I managed to get to Tarun's quick enough,
Kirk wasn't at home and Mark hadn't gotten there yet.
Tarun and I headed over to CBTL for a cappucino.
Kirk calls us over.
We run through our set, didn't go as bad as I thought, managed to sing alright
I think,
Headed over to the venue after getting lost atleast twice.
Ran through sound check.
And I was doing alright so far.


Then the metal kids started pouring in 2 hours later,
Greeted a few people in the crowd and waited until Adham gave us the go.
Hid behind the drumkit after I got bored of walking around.
Quick pep-talk and Adham gives us the 'go'.
We 'went'.



Man it was incredible , we pulled off a really tight set, considering the kind of music we were playing, it was really awesome seeing the crowd enjoying themselves and even (no seriously) moshing :|.
I'm going to end this post here , because I can ^_^.

Thanks a lot to everybody who came and saw us, your support means the world to us , thanks for having an open mind and thanks for listening, we were 'Got Wood?' ;).

This was our setlist for anyone who wanted to know :

Dave Matthews Band - Ants Marching
Incubus - Summer Romance (Anti Gravity)
Got Wood? - Star Train
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
Got Wood? - Of Today

Cheers all, heres a link with more pics of the show,

Assembly 5 : Re-Ignition

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D Don't ask me why, but you reminded me of John Denver in that first photograph! And I just saw him for the first time on an old youtube video a week ago!
Your opinion?
Love,
Anita

Anonymous said...

Me again. Okay, so I read the comments on Assembly 5 and...if he doesn't mind my asking...just how old IS Kirk?? :S
And which one's which in the photos? I know you and I've met Tarun, but please give me a "left to right".
And...I think I'm going to cry because I missed your ... vo-cals...
Could you...please...send me...a recording? As soon as it's available? You promise??
Love you! All the best for the next one!

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

Kirks wearing a black tee and is our groovemeister (bassist).He was on my right,

Mark was our sonic orgasm donor and was on my left.

I'll send you any kind of recording as soon as I manage to get my hands on them first ;).

Kirk is 16-17 I think.

Anonymous said...

:D Thank ye!

Cuckud said...

hey dayaan...bizi dude...:P
hmm i cudnt get to hear you sing...:| but i checked all ur pics on photo bucket...pretty neat stuff...cheers dude...
l8r...:)

h3lios said...

sweet set.

Funny name though, Got Wood? Sounds like Got Weed? lol. What happened to dvnt?

Jan said...

Awesome stuff!! Too bad I missed it :/.

And I'm gonna embarass u again...Damn U've become cuter!! :D

I warned u first k!!

lol..no seriously :)
Wanna listen to u play again!!
muahh

 
http://soundcloud.comSwiftheart