Sunday, March 04, 2007

I just tried to backspace a speck of dust

Like water over a blue flame,I'm left without a plan of action.
I really haven't got a clue about what to expect in years to come.
Who do you blame when you really would die for something,
and then you realise you're not a part of a TV show where undeserving
actors spin yarns that aren't even original, let alone self-penned, and are ultimately rewarded.

This isn't poetry.
Why are we so weak-willed?, how do we always manage to fail in tests like that,
that inevitably lead to crackly, moral ads that seem to mock, rather than preach?.
I'm tired of beginning every thought with the words "I wish..." ,it makes me seem a really ungrateful,
but then again when do you know when you're genuinely ungrateful ?. Theres always something this world
spews at you, that can always 1up (or 1down) your current state of despair and above all,
Loneliness.

This isn't poetry.
Why do I have to put on a mask of interest whenever I have to read bad writing or silly and stupid blog posts for instance?.
They always put my own pieces into perspective which come off as equally amateurish.
Why are there so many politically-incorrect morons around me, that are quicker to voice their opinion,
than they are to come up with one thats uninfluenced by a wave of folk that hail from the same flock?.

Again, this isn't poetry.

Nope, this time it really isn't poetry.

-Caes


Mementos - Claires ring, AA-IOYP, Augustana, The E.T Ends

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the vehemenant denial that it "isn't poetry"? A-level English writing device ("Repetition") being used for effect?
FYI, this one's not amateurish. And there's personally no MASK of interest here...if you tugged, I'd be faceless.
And you know what else "I wish..." sentences show? An imagination. Creativity. And an unwillingness to SETTLE if you can help it.
It's not always being ungrateful...
Thou art too harsh a critic, mon ami. <3 I love you.

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

Thats because the whole piece is a strange poem within itself:), the repetitive line is just to throw people off hehe.
A lot of people don't bother reading verses, simply because its wouldn't relate to them or they just can't be bothered, so this way, they just get confused but still manage to get through the piece.
Although I will admit to the post having shades of reality, it wasn't meant to be a rant ^_^

BeiBei

Anonymous said...

Tricky you.
Muah!
We have conversation sometime?

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

I shall drag the earth's rotation to our favour, or bring America closer so that our timezone problem is in order :0

 
http://soundcloud.comSwiftheart