Thursday, August 09, 2007

Hai ate us :(

So I picked up a couple of albums the other day, NIN's Year Zero that I've been putting off for a while, and I finally decided to pick up a copy and give it a go, while I was there, I also spotted 'Awake' by Josh Groban and thought I'd pick it up as well.
I've really liked this work before with 'Closer' but I have to say that at this point, I'm really lovering Awake, the lyrics are cheese of course, except for a few numbers but the man's vocal technique is astounding , you don't have to be a vocalist to catch upon a few interesting things he does in the album.

I've said it before when I used to run those old reviews and I still appreciate an artist who can use dynamics to his/her advantage. I'm a baritone myself and anyone would tell you how difficult it is to keep up with all those damned sopranos/tenors highs, Mr. Groban certainly does know how to raise you up even with a lower register (fuck did I just do that? , I swear it was unintentional,









fuck.)

I did get around to listening to Year Zero though, its a wonderful album, Reznor has again proven that he can still make music without the heroine, a flurry of high-fives to you my man.

Moving on, what?, I'm fine actually, a lot better in fact, thanks to her, I feel alive thanks for asking.

:)

The bands doing incredibly well too, Murtaza proved to be a great great great match with the Gotwood line-up, I hope he'll hang around with us :), look out for an EP coming out soon.

In other news, my 21st birthday since my esca....fuck.


In other news, my 21st birthdays coming up, am I excited?, nope.

Yes this was a post for the sake of posting, kinda the purpose of this blog, then again blogs don't need a purpose, just posts.

Goodnight.
 
http://soundcloud.comSwiftheart