Monday, April 27, 2009

Taprobane

Like a flower with war-torn petals,
Where the people live on cold showers and hot nights.
The sound of the wingless birds expelled from corroded cannons,
Will drive your flock away from sight.

To sift through the reddenned grain seems a chore
To lay motionless in a pool of tears is much more than I can bear
I wait head-strong and patiently until the sounds of marching men fade, swallowed by the trees
To rise and take stock, and start all over again.


-Dayaan 21/04/09


I'm still in Sri Lanka, taking in the sights and sounds at a moderate pace, due to my stay being unceremoniously extended. On the whole, I don't really mind, I can't believe that so much time has past already.
For everyone I've left in Dubai, I miss you guys loads :), hopefully I'll be back soon.

Cheers,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

<3
Last night was amazing.

 
http://soundcloud.comSwiftheart