Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Shadowlands

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ryan Adams - The Shadowlands

Ritu sent me this song today and I listened to it,

For around 45 minutes.

Its safe to say that Ryan Adams has got style/finesse/whatever , in spades, I never gave him much interest before but then I heard 'So Alive' and it sounded so musically refreshing in this musical era full of bands that sound exactly the same,

If you liked his cover of 'Wonderwall' , you will really love this song, so go get it now :).

What my impression of what the song meant was that,

The Shadowlands is a place where people go after they suffer a great loss,
You lose something so dear to your heart that all thats left is the mere shadows that may have accented it before.

Alot of the lyrics in the song caught my eye , especially when Ryan says that you may never find true love, 'so sometimes you can just be a man'

Just a man,alone to mourn in the shadowlands.

I wouldn't go as far as to say stuff like "lyrical genius" but if anyone told me that Mr.Adams could never write, I'd show them this song.

The song in general is written like a prayer, the soft piano in the background takes up the first half of the song and sets the mood as Ryan sings ever so softly as to help you to grasp that particular emotion the song gives out.

Towards the end, a simple,light drum beat with an acoustic guitar playing the same chords along with the piano and some really beautiful electric guitar solo work which (atleast for me) could make you think about Knopfler's light and trebly guitar ditties.

I doubt I'll get over listening to this song for quite a long time...

...but I'll be damned if I ever regret listening to it in the first place.

Wow its late ,

'Night.

No comments:

 
http://soundcloud.comSwiftheart