Saturday, September 17, 2005

Heartbreaker

School,


I did nothing for a whole week,literally,

got asked to leave on account of my long hair

cut it a few days ago though,

yeah.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So anyway I got hold of Ryan Adam's first album (Heartbreaker), I needed a break from the usual monotony that is my current playlist (now approaching 3000 songs),
A large amount of emo Shehara sent me didn't appeal to me much,so I dug around my HD and found the album, blew the proverbial dust off it and listened absent mindedly...


Do you know how good an album can sound when its devoid of professional mixing/effects/expensive recording equipment ?, if I were to describe the album in a sentence I'd say that it was "brilliant on account of it's simplicity", Genius!.

I've always said that Adams had that certain style when singing/writing lyrics and this was a perfect chance to check out said style when it was relatively young and vibrant.

Of course it does have that country element in it, but I gaurantee you'll grow to love it, (especially songs like 'Damn Sam'),

So far I've been smitten by

Come pick me up
Bartering lines
Oh my Sweet Carolina (alot of people say that this is the best song on the album but thats up to you to decide)
In My Time of Need
To Be Young (many of you might recognize this tune from the Old School OST)

If you're looking for some Damien Rice esque easy listening material, I'd really suggest it , although it does have a few typical rock'n'roll tunes in it,this record will definitely not fail to please your ears.

3 comments:

Sam said...

I'm not really a fan of Ryan Adams, but you hit the nail right on the head, especially when it comes to overproduced and overmixed albums.

Anonymous said...

aww. i'll miss your hair.

Anonymous said...

Hawtt...

 
http://soundcloud.comSwiftheart