Friday, March 03, 2006

Assembly 2

It went really well, better than I expected actually.

But the whole 'adventure' of sorts that took place the week before the gig was almost 'documentary' material honestly, all the stuff we went through to get ourselves ready and everything that happened like

* The sleepover/late night jam session at my place
* The idea of pulling out of the whole show two days prior to it
* The way my E string managed to break a day before the gig and the whole ride to Wafi just to get a new pack of strings late in the night.
* Getting to meet the coolest local ever (Mo)
* My bed breaking
* Waking up the next morning at 8 (when we planned at 9:30)...
* ...to go audition for BOTB.....
* ...which didn't happen so we went back to Jumeirah to....
* ...catch the DAA Swimathon gig with Disuse and Ashes of Dawn
* Soundcheck when we finally got to AUD
* Setlist issues
* Pulling a muscle in my left leg after or before we played
* Meeting Hakami after so long

But we managed to pull through and my first ever gig with Deviant turned out to be one of their best too and I'm glad to have been a part of that.

I'd also like to thank Ritu,Anisha,Karan,Sharad,Shehara,Hitesh,Richard,Rohan,Behlul,Norain,Ismail,Ardi,Aaron and my dad for being there , you guys were great with all the support and made me feel alot less nervous at the time,
Sarah, even though you weren't there,as always you really made me feel awesome :), come back soon okay?.

Last but not least , Lucas , Tarun and Anup, thanks for making me a part of all this , cheers and heres to more great shows.

P.S > Happy belated Birthday Nauseen and Hannah ^_^

P.P.S > The post is lame , I just felt the need to post something here regarding yesterday's events.

P.P.S > I do believe this is my 50th post too.

P.P.P.S (if there is such a thing) > heres the link to Shehara's photobucket with the pictures from the gig

http://photobucket.com/albums/b162/cancersinthesky/Assembly%202/

16 comments:

Jan said...

woohoo..50 posts!!:D your first gig with your new band?? i missed it?? wen am i gonna get to see u play outside meenal's phone anyway??:P it better be soon hun..:).

Anonymous said...

Your 50th post, my first comment:
How did your bed break? :O
Aishwarya here, btw.

Cuckud said...

hey nice to no dat it turned out great...u go dude...:) iwana c pictures...!!

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

ah I should've included the link to the pictures in the post,

I can't be arsed to do it now so heres the link here ^_^

http://photobucket.com/albums/b162/cancersinthesky/Assembly%202/

enjoy!

Anonymous said...

YAY for DAYAAAAAAAAN!!! *muah* im sooooooo proud of u!! :D

Cuckud said...

hey dude checked out da picz..nice ones...specially da one wer ur hair goin all over da place..klicked frm ur back..lmao...:) laterz...

Jan said...

hey..just finished watchin the last episode of prison break. it's driving me mad!! what about season 2?? episode 13 of season 1 has such an abrupt end!! they can't do this to me!!
i wanna know what happens :'(

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

Season 2 will be airing on March 20th ;)

The episode will be called 'The Rat'

I'm as eager as you are :D

Jan said...

..it will b out online on march 20th?!! :|
NO FAIR!! :'(


well..anyway as i mentioned b4..i luv u for introducing prison break to me!! it now officially owns me..my latest obsession!! :D
THANKS!! haha

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

Haha thanks :D, it truly is an amazing show , its hard to believe its even American :|.

Jan said...

haha :D

Jan said...

:0..i just noticed..i still din't make it to your links..:|

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

fixed ;),

I've recently developed an "ask" policy so unless a person asks for it, I don't usually change the template.

Ta-da :D

Jan said...

haha..thanks!!:P we both r online at d same time, commenting one after the other:D..talk about timing!!:D:P

Anonymous said...

Hai!! Fun photos. I'm so glad the gig was successful, I knew you'd kick ass. Well done Dee ^_^ and here's to many, many more to come. You're a natural! I'll mail you the 'Eve of' photos :P

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

Thanks Sawah :)

I wanna see those too

 
http://soundcloud.comSwiftheart