Saturday, April 08, 2006

Dear Murphy

Some of you might know that I'm about to say goodbye to my Prelude, if you don't,

I'm about to get rid of my car.



Now that thats out of the way,

Me and a few friends went to the dealership a few days ago to browse around for good deals and such,
Thats where I spotted her,

She was a white VW Golf GTi, the car I've been after for a little over a year.
Thinking it'd be an automatic, I had already written it off in my mind but it wasn't...
She was beautiful,
the rest of my posse quickly evaluated the car, beginning with whatever was wrong with it (no it was more like JUST what was wrong with it),
My eyes managed to see through the missing rear windshield wiper and the broken right headlamp, as well as the scuff on the left side mirror.

She really was something.

Excitedly, I called up my dad and told him about it and he said he'd take a look the next day.

I went to bed with a smile on my face that night.

This morning, my dad managed to take a day off , and we went and saw the car again, only the salesman wasn't to be found,

I went back there tonight with Arnold and after he inspected my Prelude, he agreed for a trade-in with a little expense. I couldn't believe it to be honest, but apparently it was "on".

I left the place and made my way home and hit the Sheikh Zayed Road,

Then it happened,

My hood flew up and smashed into the windshield and sunroof , I was blinded.
I tried to push it down repeatedly but this only caused it to smash into the windshield again.

I left it in a sandpit close to Thunderbowl and walked home,

The only reason I'm typing all this right now is because it happened atleast an hour ago and I've had plenty of time to think about it and get over some of the trauma.

The worst that could happen at that time, actually managed to happen (barring an accident).

It'll be a while until I can pretend to laugh about all this.

Part 2
-------------------

The walk home was terrible, the wind in my face only reminded me of how the hood flew up about 30 minutes ago (I have quite a graphic imagination)
It all caved in the whole walk home, from what I was feeling at the time, to the vicious cackle I heard from a passing motorist,and the person who came near my smashed vehicle and offered me a laminated card with arabic written on it.

This would probably qualify as the proverbial icing on the cake in regard to my recent string of unfortunate events.

That car is now dead to me,

R.I.P Carla.

10 comments:

Jan said...

:|. Dayaan! what's happening hun??:S
Lord!! Are u okay? sheesh!! i dunno what to say! Just so unfortunate..
Don't worry hun..everything will be ok soon. It's just one of those times when nothing seems to go right..it'll pass n u'll b laughing about it soon (i hope:|).
Smile!! Afterall u do look extra cute when u smile ;P.
hope to c u ok soon..
mwahhhss

Cuckud said...

omg...no more prelude...shit...dat wud hav been sooo bad!! but den der's only trade ins n cant ya like buy a new car? ok ino but ur carla waz like da most dearest thin ever...but den it jus gav u a reason to buy another one...chill hun...its all gud...will b okay!! take care..!!:)

Anonymous said...

shit...dats freaky...hope ur ok...n hope it all becomes cool soon...tc

Sarah said...

omg! Tht devastated me jus reading it!
Gosh..no worries..atleast ur alive..thtz wht really matters..thank ur lucky stars ur breathing!!
aaaahhhh....

Cuckud said...

hmmmmmm u seem to hav disappeared sumwer????wassuppp??!!! came in to say 'hey'...:P

Anonymous said...

hey...long time no bloggie... :P...just checkin up on u too...hows u?? where ARE u?? tc...

Jan said...

Dayaan!! Come back!! Update!! Chat wid me n entertain me!! :P
Actually i think hez not very 'active' right now coz the geek's pc crashed a few days back :P. He was signin in from his dad's laptop..now i donno wats happenin! Dayaan come online hun..v gotta talk bout wednesday! :)
tc..muahh

Dayaan Swiftheart W said...

Hey guys, thanks for the concern :) , my PC's hardrive crashed a few days ago and I haven't found time to fix it , I've hit a few bumps as far as my well being goes during this brief hiatus of inactivity but I'm alright now ^_^.

I'll probably be fixing the PC this weekend so expect more updates I guess.

Cheers ;)

Dayaan.

Anonymous said...

He's ALIVE....muhaha...uhmm sowwie...but glad ur back...time for update... :)...tc...

Unknown said...

Holy shit!
It scares me to imagine the incident. The shock would have had the best of me.

But as its said. Money,property is the Sadaqah for Life.

Alhumdulillah you are safe and specially at Shk Zayed Road, thats something to be happy about.

May Allah see you through.. Aameen

 
http://soundcloud.comSwiftheart