Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The age-old , boring console war

Right,

So the Guild Wars server was a bit laggy , I'd thought it'd be a perfect time to write something here :).

Hmm consoles, consoles , consoles.

How about them eh? , you've got the PS3,Xbox 360 and some other plastic horror in the making by Nintendo.
I don't know if any of you saw The Colony mini show dedicated to showing us screen junkies the power and features of the XboX 360, pretty interesting stuff, I was on Penny Arcade when I saw the link there (http://www.ourcolony.net/ , if you want to check it out).
I always seem to fall prey to advertising campaigns, no matter how silly the product is, someone in a spiffy suit, all smiles will always be able to convince me that explosive robot worms are a good idea for fishing.
Coming to the Xbox, the design didn't really grab me at first,I was looking forward to seeing something that looked "old school" to say the least, I miss how those chunky plastic consoles looked like, the N64,PSX etc. really proclaimed fun factor in almost any game associated with it.
Now you have futuristic looking mini space ships, satin silver,polished etc. which really doesn't do anything for me.

One bit in the video changed all that for me, I think the guy was talking about how the design is concave to represent "inhaling" or something, the browser looked pretty nice too as well as the fact that you could connect it to a computer.Another small detail that tipped the odds in Microsoft's favour was the big button on the controller.

Hell it almost made me feel like I....wanted one.

Damn it.

In other news, I picked up bass again today :), I forgot how much I loved the instrument , it can seriouslly kill your finger tips though :O , mine are blistering already , and this is after playing guitar for a year.

This is going nowhere so I'm going to end it.

Oh yes, listen to Tool's cover of No Quarter (Originally done by Led Zep).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BURN YOUR MACHINES
THEY WILL SUCK YOUR BRAINS OUT

 
http://soundcloud.comSwiftheart